Week Two Reflecton

 Week Two Reflection

    This week went off without a hitch. On Monday I finished editing fully and laid out everything with proper formatting to print correctly. Then on Tuesday I bonD my first copy, then edited it, finding a few mistakes and fixing them to begin making final copes to give to family and friends. Wednesday I bond two copies before our tennis match vs Exeter. Then Thursday bond three more and Friday three again, finishing Saturday with another two.

    Overall this week was good. I started really excited to learn how to bind and begin the process, yet once I did it, it got boring. Tuesday and Wednesday were fun, learning the process, finding tricks, and having a hardcopy of my book was very gratifying, but on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I got sick of the repetition and was ready for something new. To balance the borden and get moving again as my knee will along I have been biking a bunch and reading but I am not quite sure what to do Monday and Tuesday.

    I think the whole of senior project has gone off without a hitch. At first I was worried that I had over estimated what I could get done, collecting all the writings, copying them done, editing, organizing, learning how to lay out and format a book, I began to worry it would take me a month, but by working a lot the first week I was able to get all of it done and begin to bind. As a perfectionist I definitely think there is a lot of room for growth and will probably change things and edit more but I am proud of this first edition. For the binding part, I think it was a great trade to learn and I am excited to be able to have those copies and that accomplishment but it is not something I could do for a career,  but as I continue to write I could see myself using these skill to make myself note books, or possible another edited copy of this book or others for friends and family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 10 of Senior Project, 18 May 2023

Day 9 of Senior Project, 17 May 2023